UK Writers College is a leading educational training institution offering online writing courses.
The vision of the college is to provide students with affordable, specialist writing tuition of exceptional standard. All of its courses are geared to impart and assess writing skills, as well as up-to-date industry knowledge.
With a staff of over 20 well known, award-winning writers, the school now offers more than 30 specialised online writing courses helping students to become published writers, or to work in the writing industry. Since its inception, the tutors at UK Writers College have trained several thousand students worldwide.
How we started out -
Nichola Meyer and her co-administrator, Koos Turenhout, launched UK Writers College in early 2011.
From the start, the company aimed to provide excellent value in their writing courses, and to reach people from every corner of the country. They believe in the old-fashioned apprentice approach that famous writers used in the past: quality time spent working with a master in the field, and that 'practice makes perfect'.
UK Writers College has two flourishing sister schools - SA Writers College and NZ Writers College - launched in 2005 and 2008 respectively.
Why choose UK Writers College -
- Our courses offer real training by real writers.
- Our tutors are finalists for, or winners of, prestigious writing awards.
- Our tutors are passionate, committed teachers. Their testimonials remain excellent, year after year.
- Even though all of our tutors have several university degrees behind their name and many of them teach courses at universities, they know that successful writers learn most by writing. You can't really "study" writing, just like you can't "study" to become a tennis player. Theory alone will not help you play a better game of tennis. You improve your skill by playing the game, on the court. For writers, the "court" is the blank page. Our courses allow students to practise the craft of writing, over and over.
- We offer input on each line that gets written in assignments, with correction and feedback from our expert coaches.
- The tutors provide comprehensive, detailed formal assessments, marksheets and reports.
- We offer a no-gimmicks, affordable and accessible way for a writer to train from the comfort of their home.
- Read more here.
Some facts about us -
- We have trained students from over 45 companies, including International SOS, Pfizer, British American Tobacco, BUPA, TradeAid, Weston-super-Mare council, the University of Auckland, Auckland Council, Christchurch City Council, TVNZ, Competenz, New Image Asia, Fletcher Construction, NZ Water Board, Wellington City Council, Telecom, Sky TV, NZ Department of Forestry, NZ Parliament, The Multiple Sclerosis Societry of New Zealand, Watercare, Highbury Safika Media, New Media Publishers, Caxton Publishers, Juta, Associated Magazines, Multichoice, Mediaweb, Engel & Völkers, SA Décor & Design, Nedbank, Standard Bank, Vital Health Foods, Omage Holdings, TWP Consulting, BM Analysts, bs3 and Emperor's Palace.
- We have trained over 3000 students globally in creative writing, memoir, journalism, copywriting, web writing, digital games writing, blog writing, business writing, corporate newsletter writing, press release and media writing, grammar skills and non-fiction book writing.
- Our tutors have collectively accumulated or been shortlisted for more than 60 international writing awards, including many Qantas Awards, several Commonwealth Writers' Prizes, four Emmy Awards, the Montana New Zealand Book Awards, The UK Real Writers Prize, ATKV Awards, the Caine Prize for African Writing, the Pen/HSBC awards, the Sir David Beatie Award, the George Foster Peabody Award, the Reed Fiction Award, Philip K Dick Memorial Award, the Arthur C Clarke Award, Locus Awards, British Fantasy Awards and the British Science Fiction Awards.
Contact us -
We are available 9 am to 5 pm week days to chat about the best writing course option for you. Give our administrators - Koos and Nichola - a call on +44 1892 710877, or send them an email here.