How does the course work?
The course consists of ten modules. Detailed class notes covering the content of each module are e-mailed to students.
At the end of each module, students will be required to complete a writing exercise. In total, the course includes 10 writing exercises of which six are full short stories of 1500 words each and two pieces of flash writing of 500 words each.
Once the writing assignment has been completed, and e-mailed to the lecturer, an assessment and feedback will be sent to the student, and the module will be considered complete. The next module will then be e-mailed to the student.
Please note: Assignments should be returned as attachments, not in the body of the e-mail.
Conditions of Certification:
Students will receive a UK Writers College Certificate upon successful completion of the course, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Students must have completed all writing tasks
- The course must have been completed within 12 months of registration.
- Students are expected to attain a minimum average of 50% for the course
Minimum Estimated Time Commitment:
There is no research required for this course, just planning and writing. The speed at which you work is entirely up to you. After studying the modules, the exercises should take between half an hour and two hours to complete. A completed story could take longer.
Need more advice about the best course for you?
We would love to chat to you if you have any questions about our writing courses.
If you need some advice about the best course or writing field for you, drop us a line or give Koos or Nichola a call at +44 1892 710877. We can tell you about going rates in the field, chance of publishing success and general writing career options both in the UK and internationally.
- If you have questions about how we work, we have information in our FAQ section and How We Train section.
- If you want to pay off your course fee, please read the information here.
- For information on our refund policy, please read our policies here.
- To register for the course, please click here: